Donner Party Mountain Runners’ mission is to inform, inspire and connect mountain runners in Truckee-Tahoe.
The DPMR Board and members strive to continuously create a strong sense of community, camaraderie, and fun for all who enjoy running. Your membership supports a variety of club activities including groups runs, picnics and social events, educational events, race management/support, club trailer and gear, trail maintenance, and much more.
Our membership options are simple and affordable for all!
1-year Individual Membership: $20
1-year Household Membership: $35
3-year Individual Membership: $50
3-year Household Membership: $95
In addition to the club’s numerous and wonderfully fun running and social benefits, membership is valued at over $100 by simply taking advantage of only a few of the membership benefits listed below:
- Free organized DPMR Group Runs including speed/hill work with a Run On Dirt Coach, a newbies club, weekend distance runs, even snow shoe runs, and plenty more to fill your running calendar. View the calendar.
- Note: Some members meet for unofficial group runs (not hosted by DPMR). Please check our calendar and/or Facebook page for updates.
- Robust race discounts – Receive a discount code once you become a member and get 10-20% off select races.
- Annual Memorial Day or Labor Day Picnic including Group Runs of varying distances, including a kids’ fun run!
- End-of-season run and/or DPMR coordinated races/challenges, plus a really fun post-run/race party.
- Free rentals from our Atlas Run Snowshoe collection.
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Membership.
- Shop local! As a DPMR member you receive 15% off any single, full price item over $50 at Tahoe Mountain Sports. This is for DPMR members only (discount doesn’t include items for your children, friends, significant others, or family.). Your DPMR discount can be used multiple times throughout the year but only once per visit, per day.
- Monthly email newsletter highlighting a member a month, upcoming events, race reports, recipes, trail updates, and more!
- Bragging rights that you’re helping to Inform, Inspire and Connect with fellow runners to have some fun and support one another all while supporting Truckee-Tahoe trails and our running community.
Unofficial group runs are open to anyone. Everyone is welcome to official club runs as well, but you must sign the DPMR waiver and follow our Code of Conduct. Our calendar also includes “no-host or unofficial” runs as an additional opportunity to join a group run, but there may not be a club leader present. Also check our Facebook group for ad hoc running opportunities.