WHEN: Tuesday evenings for 6 weeks, 5:15 pm (for demos) 6pm (for run) – 7:15 pm, starting April 5th, 2022
WHERE: locations vary each week, see below
CONTACT: Steve Buelna (530) 414-4264
We had so much fun last year, we are kicking off yet another series of Newbies runs this year! Expect this series to smash the limits of the stokemeter and all expectations for fun. Whether you are looking to learn some new places to run and meet some new running buddies or have plans to race your first half marathon, the DPMR Newbies Run Club is for you! The primary focus for these runs is to offer an inviting run option that can help to get newer runners stoked on running. This group run is truly designed for ALL running levels.
- 4/5 Legacy Trail paved bike path. Meet at the Truckee Legacy Trail Parking – East River Rd. https://goo.gl/maps/2MWrEdrUJCDFc87FA
- 4/12 Olympic Valley paved bike path. Meet at the ball fields/playground parking lot just off Olympic Valley Road and highway 89. https://goo.gl/maps/1d7v1MvgJXDeUoX76
- 4/19 Prosser Dam Rd (dirt road). Meet at the parking lot just west of the dam. https://goo.gl/maps/2atRYTUkKaXyCqVx8
- 4/26 Pyramid Trail, Floriston exit. Meet in the large dirt parking area just west of the 80 overpass https://www.google.com/maps/place/39%C2%B023’40.7%22N+120%C2%B001’32.2%22Wfirstname.lastname@example.org,-120.027803,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x452cf133730c41b1!8m2!3d39.3946283!4d-120.0256143?hl=en-US
- 5/3 Donner Picnic Area parking lot and trailhead, off highway 89 north of Alder Creek Road. https://goo.gl/maps/xJnce4xLRxbFA2gXA
- 5/10 Alder Creek, at Carpenter Valley Road. Park on the side of Carpenter Valley Road. https://goo.gl/maps/CAyEzrNaPvbprKdM6
Check the DPMR Facebook page and DPMR calendar about the run a day or so prior to the event, along with a location and conditions update.
In order to make these runs fun and safe for everyone, we need all participants to follow current state and county guidelines. Also, please note that this is a DPMR sponsored group run subject to the DPMR Code of Conduct, so please leave furry friends at home.
What to bring (other than a face covering)? Running shoes and a desire to have fun! If you have a watch and a water bottle, you can bring that too. Be laced up and ready to go as the run starts at 6:00 PM sharp! The first run will be exactly 30 minutes, regardless of how fast you run. And if you have the time, hang out afterwards to socialize over beverages at an acceptable social distance of 6 feet or more (beverages compliments of DPMR). There will also be some shoe giveaways and demos (from Tahoe Mountain Sports)!
- 4/5 – On Running
- 4/12 – Altra
- 4/19 – The North Face, Julbo Eyewear, CEP Compression Socks
- 4/26 – Salomon
- 5/3 – Hoka, Darn Tough
- 5/10 – Dynafit, Garmin
Donner Party Mountain Runners is a grassroots non-profit running club with a mission to inform, inspire, and connect mountain runners in Truckee-Tahoe. The Newbie Run Club is free to everyone, but please consider joining to help support this group run and take advantage of a wide range of membership perks. Join online today at https://donnerpartymountainrunners.com/join-now/
See you there! Any questions, feel free to give Steve a call or text (530) 414-4264