DATES: Tuesday evenings for 6 weeks, starting April 18th, 2023
TIME: 5:15 pm (for demos) 6pm (for run), to 7:15 pm (and stay for socializing after!)
WHERE: Locations to vary each week (see below)
CONTACT: Steve Buelna (530) 414-4264
We have so much fun every year, so of course we are kicking off yet another series of Newbies runs this year! Expect this series to smash the limits of the stokemeter and all expectations for fun. Whether you are looking to learn some new places to run and meet some new running buddies or have plans to race your first half marathon, the DPMR Newbies Run Club is for you! The primary focus for these runs is to offer an inviting run option that can help to get newer runners stoked on running. This group run is truly designed for ALL running levels.
- April 18th: Legacy Trail, starting at the pedestrian bridge on East River Road (10783 E River St, Truckee, CA 96161)
- April 25th: Pyramid Trail, meet at Farad Exit off highway 80 (39.42249955328578, -120.03487018284913)
- May 2nd: Olympic Valley bike path to Palisades or Tahoe City. Meet at the Olympic Valley Park next to 89 (101 Olympic Vly Rd, Olympic Valley, CA 96146)
- May 9th: Pyramid Trail, Floriston exit.
- May 16th: Prosser Dam (https://maps.app.goo.gl/KMWMptPXR4L3uAQW9?g_st=i)
- May 23rd: Waddle Ranch (https://maps.app.goo.gl/qcxJ9Gj7gsdnnNw3A?g_st=i)
Check the DPMR Facebook page and DPMR calendar about the run a day or so prior to the event, along with a location and conditions update.
In order to make these runs fun and safe for everyone, we need all participants to follow current state and county guidelines. Also, please note that this is a DPMR sponsored group run subject to the DPMR Code of Conduct, so please leave furry friends at home.
What to bring (other than a face covering)? Running shoes and a desire to have fun! If you have a watch and a water bottle, you can bring that too. Be laced up and ready to go as the run starts at 6:00 PM sharp! The first run will be exactly 30 minutes, regardless of how fast you run. And if you have the time, hang out afterwards to socialize over beverages (beverages compliments of DPMR). We are also planning to have shoe giveaways and demos from Tahoe Mountain Sports:
- 4/18 – On Running demos
- 4/25 – OOfos (recovery sandals for a post run stretch) and The North Face
- 5/2 – Altra shoe demos and Julbo
- 5/9 – Salomon shoe demos
- 5/16 – Dynafit shoe demos
- 5/23 – Hoka shoe demos, Darn Tough (free socks) and Garmin watch demos
If you are interested in carpooling to the group runs, check out this spreadsheet:
Donner Party Mountain Runners is a grassroots non-profit running club with a mission to inform, inspire, and connect mountain runners in Truckee-Tahoe. The Newbie Run Club is free to everyone, but please consider joining to help support this group run and take advantage of a wide range of membership perks. Join online today at https://donnerpartymountainrunners.com/join-now/
See you there! Any questions, feel free to give Steve a call or text (530) 414-4264.