Thank you to our friends “down the hill” at The Mile 99 Interview who hosted three members of the board (Renee Elsdon Jacobs, Jack Macy and myself) for a great discussion about the club, its history, its new diversity statement, and plans for 2022.
What we talked about
- Meet Jack, Aude and Renee: where we grew up, how we got into the sport, how we joined paths with DPMR and races or adventure plans for the season. This is a good reminder to (re-)listen to Renee’s episode after her FKT on the Sierra High Route
- Learn about DPMR history, diversity statement and mission: a quick recap of the history of DPMR, its mission and the new diversity statement adopted this year.
- Join us for the summer Kick-off picnic: Sunday, June 5th at West End Beach by Donner Lake in Truckee for group runs, kids events, food and community.
- Get involved with trail stewardship: DPMR is sponsoring the Emigrant Trail (Donner Family Picnic to Stampede) and the Mt. Judah Loop; Castle Peak is sponsoring the Warren Lake Trail. We’ll be organizing scouting runs and trail work as the trails clear.
- Run or volunteer at races: update on Castle Peak and our work to make sure it can resume in 2023; announcement of the inaugural Point Mariah Trail Marathon (register), which will take place on Saturday, August 6th; opportunities to volunteer at aid stations.
- Join our group runs: group runs are resuming!! Check out the calendar for Wednesday speed work. Tuesday Newbies run will start on April 5th with a new location each week, shoe demos, and all the positive energy you can dream of. They will continue through fall every Tuesday from Alibi Truckee.