This recipe is called Favorite Granola for a reason…it’s just that good! Shared with us by member Janel Ferrin Anderson of Mountain Rebalance who also shares:
“This recipe is delicious, is loaded with minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, plus it provides healthy fat, clean protein, and fiber that make the perfect balance in any meal or snack. Enjoy it plain, on yogurt with berries, sprinkled on a smoothie bowl or however you enjoy granola. Eat up! “
(You can also download and print Jenel’s recipe for Favorite Granola here.)
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds (raw)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds (raw)
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds (scant)
1/2 cup Brazil Nuts (chopped)
1 cup Almonds (chopped or whole)
5 cups Gf Rolled Oats
2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 tablespoon Brown Rice Syrup
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Cherries (tart, dry)
• Preheat oven to 300F.
• Grind nuts if you have people who do not love whole nuts. Otherwise, leave whole.
• Add all dry ingredients up until the coconut flakes to a big bowl and mix up.
• Warm both syrups up in a sauce pan, stirring, over medium heat until it simmers. Take off
heat and add in olive oil, vanilla, and sea salt.
• Add this mixture to the dry mixture and stir until incorporated.
• Spread mixture thin on 2 big sheet pans and bake for 15 minutes. Take out and stir and
rotate pans. Put in for an additional 15 minutes. stir and rotate again. Bake for an
additional 10 minutes.
• Allow granola to cool. Add cherries and ENJOY! I love storing this in big glass jars. It gifts very well too!