20 / 7 / 2020 Virtual Challenge
With so many races already cancelled in 2020, many of us are looking for opportunities for solo or small group challenges, and virtual adventures. Clara Castellar and Helen Pelster kicked things off with the amazing 2020 Truckee Tahoe Peak Project, which many of you are already enjoying. And we’re planning to continue with more great challenges through the rest of the summer.
For July, we want to max out on the collective number of runs completed by DPMR members during the month. No matter whether you are a complete newbie, or a competitive elite runner, let’s get out there and hit the trails! There will be swag awards for the top 3 male and female cumulative individual total number of runs, and for anyone who hits 20 in the month, we’ll send a reusable, collapsible DPMR race cup!
Last but definitely not least, we’ll add up the total cumulative number of runs by the entire group, and use that to donate $1 per run, up to a maximum of $1,000, to a local trail-related charitable organization.
A few rules:
- Challenge period is July 1 to July 31.
- You need to sign up for the challenge using the registration form.
- You must be a paid DPMR member to qualify for the cup and other awards. Become a new member today!
- Runs must be at least 30 minutes in duration.
- When you hit 20 runs, and again at the end of the month, take a photo of your July training log (Strava, Garmin, spreadsheet, etc) and post it on the DPMR Facebook page with the hashtag: #20/7/2020
- DPMR will donate $1 to a trail-related charitable organization for each run, up to a maximum of $1,000.
- To qualify for the cup, or other individual swag awards, and also for calculation of the charitable donation, runs must be backed up by a post on the DPMR Facebook page, with a photo of your training log.