Nathaniel Hawthorne once said, “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” These words couldn’t resonate more with our DPMR Family as 2018 comes to an end. We’ll feel the shadow of this year for many years to come.
In 2018, we lost Britt Praker and Julia Millon, two friendly faces often seen at DPMR functions. Both losses left an immeasurable void in our lives. As we gather around family this holiday season and give thanks, let’s take a special moment to be thankful for the time we shared with Britt and Julia.
Below is a list of our top ten most read posts in 2018. They’re a perfect snapshot of this past year, with beautiful tributes to Julia and Britt and the lives they lived, member highlights, first 100-mile finishes, a successful Castle Peak, picking the right 100-miler, adventures on the Evo Loop, and Julia’s own powerful and vulnerable words.
- The Sum of Our Parts: Missing Julia
- Remembering Julia
- Remembering Britt Praker
- Member Highlight – Julia Millon
- Rio Del Lago 100 race report
- It has to start somewhere – Western States 100
- A Race Directing Perspective – Castle Peak 100k
- Picking the Right 100 Miler, Mountain Lakes 100 Race Report
- The Evolution Loop
- The Friendliness of the Ultra Distance Runner