New for 2015! Join the Unafraid on a weekend trail adventure showcasing the best trail running Truckee / Tahoe has to offer. These runs will offer a variety of distances and abilities on weekend days throughout the summer. Weekend trail adventures will be open to club members only, so join today! The Castle Peak 100k Training Weekends will also be open to race registrants.
Each adventure will be led by one of our volunteer Board Members and additional volunteers. We have tons in store for you, and we hope you’ll be part of the next epic Donner Party Mountain Adventure like last October’s “Blue Bird Day on the PCT” and “Must-Do Run on the PCT“.
While you’re setting your summer calendar, don’t forget about the Memorial Day Family Picnic on Monday, May 25, 2015. Bring the whole family: groups runs in the morning, kids’ trail races, and food for all.
Also, please consider giving back some trail love by joining a Trail Work Day. We kick off the trail work season with a Family Day on Sunday, May 31, 2015.
Keep an eye on the club calendar (click here) for updates and more details. Some adventures may require reservations to optimize group size.
2015 Weekend Trail Adventures
- May 30: Chris and Helen, local trail adventure
- May 31: Betsy, Family Trail Work Day
- June 13: Helen and Sean, club half-marathon
- June 20-21: Pete & Peter, Castle Peak preview weekend
- July 11: Lesley, local trail adventure
- July 25-26: Gretchen & Peter, Castle Peak training weekend
- August 1-2: Sam, Overnight trail adventure with Tahoe Sport Hub
- August 23: Betsy, Trail Work Day
- May 2: Canyons Endurance Runs Aid Station
- May 4: 6pm Trail Teasers return
- May 25: Memorial Day Family Picnic & Runs
- Friday, August 28: Pre-Race Events for Castle Peak 100k
- Saturday, August 29: Castle Peak 100k
- Sept 11-15: Tahoe 200 Aid Station