This is a recipe that a friend gave me after she brought it to a dinner party. She had us guess what we thought was in it, and for the life of me I could not figure out the avocado as thickening agent for this tasty chocolate mousse recipe.
~ Makes 4 Servings
- 2 – Large Hass Avocados (very ripe and cubed)
- 5/8C – Real Maple Syrup (helpful tip~2T=1/8C)
- 1 C – Cocoa Powder
- 1t – Real Vanilla Extract
- 1t – Balsamic Vinegar
- 2T – Virgin Coconut Oil (optional)
- 1 – Basket of Fresh Raspberries (or substitute with your favorite berry)
- 4 – Sprigs of Fresh Mint (optional)
1) Place avocado, maple syrup, vanilla & balsamic into a food processor.
2) Sift cocoa powder through strainer to remove any lumps and add to the food processor.
3) Melt coconut oil. Add to the food processor and immediately blend all ingredients (before coconut oil has a chance to re-harden) until smooth and silky.
4) Chill the mousse for at least 2 hours in a tightly sealed container.
5) When ready to serve, pipe or scoop the mousse into martini or wine glasses, and then top with raspberries.
6) To garnish, pinch off the top bundle of mint leaves. Then, chiffonade 6 or so of the remaining mint leaves and sprinkle on top. Finish by garnishing with the mint leaf bundle.