Blueberry and White Chocolate Coconut Rice Cakes
– 3 Cups uncooked Sticky rice
– 4 1/2 Cups of Water (Rice Cookers can vary)
– 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
– 1/4 cup raw sugar
– juice of 1 lemon or lime or orange (Only use 1. Any citrus product will work)
– 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
– 6 ounce of white chocolate chips
– 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- First rinse the rice and get the white color out. From there combine the rice, water, and a dash of the sea salt and cook the rice. calrose rice is ideal. (Sushi grade and sticky) If you can use a rice cooker, that is the easiest way to cook it and you get the best consistency but one can make without a rice cooker.
- When the rice is finished cooking put it in a mixing bowl and add the coconut milk, the rest of the salt, sugar, and citrus.
- Stir until there is a good consistency and everything is mixed well together.
- Once the rice has cooled off spread half the mixture into a 9×12 baking pan and press flat with a rice paddle. Then add the white chocolate chips and the blueberries evenly over the top of the rice. Now put the rest of the rice on top of everything and let the rice finish cooling. One can even refrigerate for a bit and come back to them later once cooling is complete.
- Cut into squares, wrap and put ’em in your hydration packs. Real food for the trail.
This recipe is from one of my favorite books called Feed Zone Portables. I encourage anyone who enjoys this recipe to take a look at the book.